Saturday, March 12, 2005

Gardener's Journal

More cleaning out of beds. I went to the garden store and saw folks loading up on color and thought, "they aren't going to PLANT those now, are they?"

This time of year always brings people out to plant. The best time to plant is in fall, not spring, as a lot of people thing. Also, now is the time to clean out beds and really nourish the soil.

It's also a great time for thinking about what you can do when the season is in full swing (After April 1 at least..maybe April 15, depending on the weather.)

For example, as I'm sweeping and raking today, I'm thinking, "that shrub should be moved...I want more color here, this needs to be re-done.." so in essence, clean up time is planning time, an essential with gardening and as it turns out, life.

My cat came out to "help" me...she enjoys chewing on the plants but today got a hold of a rose brush with lots of thorns...I'm not sure she enjoyed it much.

Off to soccer game (last one for today -- there has been 4) and tomorrow we have soccer game and bball game.

No comments: