Saturday, April 02, 2005

Back flips and other Saturday things

Today was the first real day of warmer weather. I had planned for it by having a ton of things to do in the yard, including finishing up planting roses and cleaning up beds. Today, when the pecan mulch went down, things were truly coming together.

I've decided I cannot live without some redbuds peppering the garden and so I have scouted a few great specimens at a local nursery. The Oklahoma Redbud is the darkest, almost magenta in its color. These, paired with white, are truly vintage Okie. And, the Oklahoma variety is easier transplanted in the spring...so I will add 3 to the garden this year. I have a couple of spots aching for their color.

Ellen and I had a picnic in the pergola and she showed off her new back flip...as illustrated below.

No comments: