Saturday, February 19, 2005

Totally boring, rocking Saturday

Cook a large breakfast, color the hair, shop online, all while listening to some new tunes. I downloaded a new album (Zero 7) and I like it OK.

Time to evaluate the spring wardrobe. I'm a bit disappointed, LandsEnd sent me a "Plus Size" catalog. I think I'll write them and give them a piece of my mind. Still,they have some great stuff at great prices. Even though they are owned by Sears, to me they are foundational pieces of a wardrobe. Great stuff at good prices, good quality to supplement the more trendy pieces. Today I invested in a new spring trench, have had my mind on getting one to go with lighter weight things. I don't enjoy coats much, but light weight coat is almost a necessity with the best part of winter still ahead.

I enjoy Dallas shopping at the Allen Outlet Mall right off 75 South. Over 90 stores and I always hit the Addidas, Puma, Reebok outlets for my kids. I hope to get Dan there during spring break -- it's only 3 1/2 hours, really closer to me than KC, so its a good alternative to the rather bleak shopping options here in T-town. The ONLY place to shop in T-town, Stein Mart and maybe Target. Yeah, like a said, pretty bleak.

I also gave myself a late b-day present and purchased Storyweaver software so that I can make some sense of the huge collection of notes, story outlines that I have at my journal. I have been inspired by a new acquaintance who is actually working on a screen play with a buddy from L.A. This kind of big thinking totally inspires me. Thanks, Chris and Lindsay.

No comments: