Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Books on Laptop

I'm listening to a radio show on my laptop. Think about that for a minute...the radio through my laptop. It almost seems like voodoo.

I'm listening to "Word by Word" on krcb 91 (www.krcb.org) , click "listen now" with host Jorden Rosenfeld. One of my favorite authors, Sue Miller, is being interviewed on a new book that she has written. This radio show is about books and the people that write them and I find it fascinating.

I don't know where my affinity for books began. I do remember reading all the time to avoid working or doing chores etc. I would read to go to sleep, just like I do now, but I would read all the time.

My favorite books are novels about people that are terribly flawed and terribly real. I also like plots that are redeeming in some way and characters that are complex -- not all good and not all bad.

I want to be a writer some day and write books that are like the ones that I enjoy.

No comments: