Monday, January 10, 2005

Still have to pack..

I'm not near ready for my trip tomorrow...actually, I get on the plane at o'dark thirty...I'll be in a coma, so I'm trying to prepare. Use to be I would worry about what shoes to wear, now I worry about how to get my laptop with me. I did get a new bag for it that will help me transport it. I can't be without my laptop for too long...I do most of my writing/teaching prep on it...and being in airports is a great place for thinking and for writing.

I'm listening to one of my favorite artists, Sarah McLacklan, and she always puts me in a mellow mood. I've picked up my favorite candle for my room and made sure to pack my favorite pens...what I wear is incidental. Turning 40 has its advantages...

I still have one class/speech to gather..I've been working on it throughout the day while I was in meetings, etc. It's about technology and how it can build relationships with clients in the new century...one of my favorite topics, truly, because it offers so much creative thought. I have pages of notes, I need to simmer down to a few main points...listening to music helps me do that...

I also got a new "do" for my trip...actually it signifies a new growth for me...a new part of the journey. I've made some big blueprints for the next few years and as I've thought about them, I've shed some things and have taken on some new disciplines, trying to make them good habits.

No comments: