Friday, January 14, 2005

Home again...what a day!

Arrived home after a luxurious last day in New Orleans..took the time to tour the Ogden Museum of Southern Art (www.ogdenmuseum.org) and became acquainted with an artist named Walter Inglis Anderson. There is to be a special about him and his life later this year on PBS. I enjoyed his work. The real snare for me was the exhibit on photography and a great film narrated by Morgan Freeman on southern art. Learned a lot about my heritage of the south and a lot more, too. Then, lunch at Emeril's which is described in posts below. I was a bit intimidated to dine at a 5 star restaurant, but there is a reason that restaurants are 5-star: extraordinary service that makes you feel right at home. I was seated at the "back" of the restaurant which I enjoyed immensely - I got to watch the chefs as they created meals while getting to know them. It was like a mini seminar on restaurant management. And I left with a very full tummy.

No comments: