Monday, January 10, 2005

Loreena McKennitt

I forgot about an old album that I had tucked away and am listening to it now...great stuff, from Loreena McKennet, sort of a new age/celtic sound. Really different and having stumbled upon it I feel as if I've found an old friend that has been lost.

Speaking of which, I found out about a friend of mine that was killed today. His death was quite tragic...seems he was stabbed or something...anyway, my grandmother was quick to fill me in on all the gory details. She could write mystery novels with every detail in full flourish. Before I was finished talking with her, I felt like I could puke...awful way to die, stabbing, I'd think.

But what is a good way to die? Hmmm..haven't thought about this before...I'd have to say dying in one's sleep might be a good way to go. I think dying in an airplane would be really horrible. But positively worst of all would be dying alone.

I remember him vaguely...although what I remember, he was great fun. Really smart (got tons of scholarships) and I guess he was a doctor of some sort. Grandmother couldn't remember...in her mind everybody is a doctor or a teacher.

Having a friend die cannot help one but think about their own mortality.

No comments: