Thursday, January 13, 2005

More great food...

New Orleans is a gastronomical delight. Today I ate at a place called "Le Madelaine" which has french pastries. I ate my first potato galette, which is a twist on what midwesterners calls potato cakes. It has jalapenos, onions...it is amazing.

Lots of meetings today...I spoke to our area on building communication through technology...one of my favorite topics. When I think back to how some things were done in our industry even five years ago, compared to where we are today...it is breathtaking how fast technology is changing our business. This event the clear signs of a new era are seen...but I wonder how many people see what opportunities lie ahead.

Tonight will probably become an all-time favorite...several of us went to a cheesecake bistro where we gorged on huge desserts. I had the chocolate peanut butter cheesecake...wonderful!

Tomorrow, I'm cutting out early to be home for my family. I have spent a fair amount of time thinking and absorbing some new ideas. I'm glad I came...and will be glad to be home.

No comments: