Thursday, December 16, 2004

Another step for mankind...

Today I took the "leap" into the online teleconferencing world. I am quite jazzed about this opportunity as the online world becomes more and more a part of the world.

I think the online possibilities for industries like mine -- sales -- is one that is almost neglected. I wonder if there is any other world, except for the church-world, where more 'sacred cows' live and breathe. There are paradigms that are ages old and virtually unworkable, still they continue because of tradition.

In fact, many things in watching the church world "work" (so to speak) has helped me understand why so many people are so prone to incorrect beliefs about change. It has encouraged me to see a broader picture of humanity -- few of us deal well with change. Even those of us that embrace it (sometimes called "early adapters") have our own anxiety about changes that create more anxiety for those that are resisting it.

I truly believe that online meetings with graphics and more "artsy fartsy" capabilities can be the wave of the future. I think there is a big difference in having conferences and having successful and worthwhile conferences.

The last any of us desire or need is more unproductive time spent regardless of the "bells and whistles".

The company that really has a "heart" for online communication is WEBEX (www.webex.com). They are the industry leader and for good reason -- they do it really well. I have visited others companies and experimented but by far Webex has the ticket.

So here we go --- into a new year and a new era.

No comments: