Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Bullseye

Just finished up November's numbers...had our best month of the year. I'm really pleased and excited how some new ideas in business have propelled our unit forward to higher and higher plateaus. I'm excited to see what the new year will bring. I've had the good fortune of having several wonderful women cross my life and the result is very exciting. Good things continue to happen in this sphere of my life.

I have a friend who teaches at a university and she called me today. I like to call her my "chocolate bunny" friend. She has it all together on the outside, but inside she seems hollow and empty. I've told her that and she agrees, so I'm not speaking out of turn here. She and I have a friendship that reaches way, way back and we both are able to be really honest with each other. She has her criticims of me, too, all of which are true. It's kind of good to have that kind of friend, but it's probably better that we don't see each other everyday.

Then, I have another friend who is in my industry -- also out of town, and she calls me almost daily just to say "hey" and cheer me on. I love it when she calls and I look forward to hearing what she's doing. She is just a person that brings out the best in people and I love her for that. She speaks Spanish fluently and I try to talk to her in Spanish, but she just always laughs at me and says, "I think you need to master English, first." Bloody right.

Sometimes its good to stop and remember the friends I have -- all different and all unique. I have been blessed with some really special people in my life and I'm grateful. I don't appreciate these friends like I should and yet they remain good friends. That's a good thing.

No comments: