Monday, April 04, 2005

Gardner's Journal

I completed planting for spring this morning. But I yearn to do more...I planted a redbud tree and now, of course, I can see about 3 other spots that could use a redbud, so maybe I'll plant a few more..and then I'm finished..I really am!

One thing I've been considering lately is the spiritual power that a garden can have. Is it any coincidence that some of the most important intersections with God and people happen in a garden? I am beginning to see new significance in those occasions where God decides to intersect the human world...it appears that it often begins in a garden.

So, then I think...why aren't there more gardens built? What would happen if, instead of building a church in the middle of a part of a city, why don't we build a garden instead? I can see how the power of people sharing their faith alongside the work that is essential in a garden could be a powerful thing. I could see a real extension of God coming alive there.

I see vast opportunities for this and am enjoying thinking of some of the ideas that could come from it.

No comments: