Sunday, April 17, 2005

Gardner's Journal: Embraced by a garden

I arrive home and am greeted by the new entrance garden that Dan and I created together. It warms my soul just to see the bright pinks, the indigo's and the golden shower blooms just beginning to peek out.

But there is so much more to see! Two days and the garden is robust with new colors and the first roses to bloom this year. Dan, myself, and kids tour the garden...it's bursting this year!

Dan and I sit on the porch watching Nathan and Ellen on the trampoline. They have really mastered their flips -- back, front, side to side...kinda scary to watch them go. As I sit there, I here the "turtle" fountain behind the swing, I feel Dan next to me. I hear my kids laugh, I smell the garden and the earth starting to come alive. This is a sacred moment, not planned, not repeatable, when all the earth says to me, "welcome home".

No comments: