Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Why I love Jon Stewart

Jon Stewart embodies the very reason that comedy is essential...he can make you laugh when there is so much to think about and ponder about. His antics on his "Daily Show" are a great night cap for me, forcing me to make sure I'm in front of my TV at 10 PM just so I can see who he is making fun of on a particular night. I'd like to meet him sometime but I'd be afraid to -- for fear that I'd end up as the punchline in a fake news segment.

Tonight Lewis Black is making fun of evolution...it seems to be the theme the entire show is hitting on this week. I'll save my comments on what I believe but I have to say, even if I don't agree with the politics, I am always laughing -- which is the genius of the show. You can laugh at yourself and your own politics which keeps one from taking anything too seriously. always a good thing in today's political climate.

The other reason I love the show is because the writing is well done. Which I think is what also makes comedy "comedy". Timing, well thought out lines is writing at its very best. If its funny, it's probably well written. At least that's my opinion.

No comments: