Thursday, September 01, 2005

"I am not in need" --- Carbonleaf

I awakened with the days usual thoughts -- what would we have for dinner tonight? What times would the kids' practices be over? How many phone messages need to be returned and how will I get them done? How can I get the house cleaned?

Ad infinitum, a magnifying glass on the trivialities of my life.

My house isn't under water, so what if it is dirty? My cell phone works as does my home phone. Clean water flows from my plumbing, I have a shower that works. There are 3 grocery stores within a five mile radius of my home, not to mention a squillion eating establishments, so eating is clearly not a problem.

Most importantly, I am not in a hospital sick and I can work and provide for my family.

As my favorite rock band says, "I am not in need.." I clearly am not. Isn't it strange how I lose sight of such simple, everyday blessings.

I am working on some ideas to donate to charities for the hurricane relief effort. www.networkforgood.org through my own sales.

No comments: