Monday, June 20, 2005

Today

I had the opportunity to have lunch with some friends today. Darren LaCroix (www.Presentation411.com) was the guest and we got to pick his brain on how he makes his living as a professional speaker. (Darren is the 2001 World Champion of Public Speaking). It was a very interesting lunch and I learned a lot.

I'm interested in how to be a better communicator -- written word, speech, etc., so these kinds of informal learning are very helpful to me. In the last few months I've really been thinking a lot about my more creative side -- writing/creating/speaking and I like what I'm designing. No, I don't think I'll make my living (yet) by giving speeches, although it is tempting to know that there hasn't been a world champion (female) since the '70's. Hmmmm....

Seriously, I give a lot of presentations and being able to do them with aplumb is important to me.

No comments: