Thursday, March 17, 2005

Gardener's Journal

My first purchase of the spring season....Nearly Wild Floribunda Roses, May Night Salvia, and Stella d'ora daylillies.

This is one of my favorite combinations.... bright pink roses tower above the dark blue, while the yellow lillies nods just under the salvia. Sharp and crisp, but not too formal. Two weeks from now, it'll be time to plant. I'm trying out some new web sites...www.directgardening.com (I've read and heard from other gardeners that this is one of the best ways to find plants...much less expensive and you get hardier plants. We'll see!)

Now, I'm headed to get dirt and some border materials for firming up the borders and getting everything ready for these new babies.

Floribundas are usually showstoppers which product a lot of blooms. I have a "ballerina" floribunda in back garden and it is beautiful. Watch for pics sure to come!

No comments: