Monday, January 03, 2005

31 Days of Praise and Worship

I am attempting to continue learning about christian meditation and prayer. I have chosen a small book on the Psalms and Proverbs to do this for the next 31 days. I will blog each day (to keep me accountable, I am sharing this...) on what these verses come to mean to me. I have to stress that I am learning, I'm crawling at this ancient art form, but it has already brought me sustainance on a level I have never experienced before.

I am attempting to add 20 minutes of exercise followed by 10 minutes of prayer/meditation. That doesn't sound like a lot, but it is something that is really difficult for me to do. I hope that by practicing, I can start doing longer times.

***

Psalms 1: 1 - 6. Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers. But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and on his law he meditates day and night. He is like a tree planted by streams of water which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers.

***
Words that stand out to me:
walk, stand, sit - we are physically present with God or God is physically present with us, either way, God is in our midst. God is in MY midst...or I'm in His...
delight, meditate - what is the connection here?
day and night -- God's abiding presence, never leaving me
tree, streams, water, fruit, leaf - imagery of life
Present with God, delighting in His presence brings life...


No comments: