Tuesday, January 04, 2005

19 years ago today...

My new husband and I were hoping to make our last minute flight to Florida for our honeymoon. Now, 19 years laters, I am sitting here blogging, while he and the kids enjoy the Orange Bowl. From around the corner from my office, I hear the "ahhhhhhggggh" and the "better get some defense going" that have become standard in my family of athletes.

Ealier tonight, Dan and I went to dinner and the waiter was all about NCAA basketball...he was from Kentucky...in an exchange that I could neither understand nor decipher there was something said between Dan and he that supposedly meant something to both of them, some form of "ath-talk" that men use to bond. I munched on my salmon and listened to this exchange wondering how it might measure up to cro-magnum man and his exchanges between his peers.

Cave man at the table: "Ugh. How 'bout them Sooners?"
Cave waiter: "Uggha. I'm a roundballer myself."
Cave man at the table: "Uggah. Uggah! Me too. Me like round ballers. Too bad your tribe took Tubby Smith from our tribe! More meat!"
Cave waiter: "Uggah. Not to mention Rick Patino...Uggah. Right away!"

This, translated means simply that "I recognize you as a male and I like you." or something like that.

I'm sure the Cave woman sat alongside, munching her kill, rolling her eyes, too.

No comments: