Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Whew -- DONE!

Yessiree...my holiday gift shopping is DONE DONE DONE! As of 8:39 this evening, I have completed shopping for my family and friends and colleages! And I've been wrapping a little as I go, so I am finishing that up tomorrow and then...finishing up business and enjoying some R & R.

The year is ending in a surprisingly wonderful note. Some hard work is paying off and I'm feeling good about attending Leadership next month in N'Orleans.

I now need to focus a bit on some household things -- getting those bathrooms finished is a big part of our focus for the end of the year...and we're almost ready to start painting, adding fixtures again, etc. That will be wonderful to have bathrooms that the kids can use again.

I'm in the process of making up my holiday reading list...trying some new books, including some mysteries. Usually I don't enjoy mysteries much but am learning to enjoy some new authors. And I'm trying to read in genre's that I haven't read much to broaden my reading so to speak.

Now that I've done almost two years of 2-week workouts, I'm thinking of raising the bar and adding a third workout -- Wednesday evenings -- to my schedule. I would LOVE to lose about 25 pounds in the new year and have already started some scaling back of foods, portions. It's killing me...but I know it will pay off.

Sometimes, life is sweet and possibilities exist everywhere. This is one of those days.

No comments: