Sunday, November 19, 2006

Books I'm reading

Sometimes I find books and sometimes books find me.

The latter is the case with two that found me this past week, both given to me by friends. I love it when someone gives me a book, it's the best present I could ever get!

"Writing for Story" by Jon Frankin is a book I cannot put down and I suspect it will keep me busy for awhile. It is a book that puts some flesh on the ethereal idea of what writing is really - lots and lots of work. It is the first book that I've read about writing that offers clear, concise idea on structure and how to get into writing. I plan to read it this week and follow its ideas.

"The Holy Man" by Susan Trott is a parable that challenges ideas on leadership and relationships. I am also reading it and re-reading it.

I hope more books like these find their way to me.

No comments: