Monday, September 05, 2005

Sunset on the summer

I sat in my pergola tonight until dusk, reading a book after weeding (always weeding!). I spent the weekend, and I do mean SPENT. I did next to nothing except rumble around in my head, reading, writing, organizing my office, making plans for some new renovations for the house and garden.

Dan kidnapped me late today and we say the "Constant Gardner"...and I took a chance and posted my review at my favorite movie web site -- it was accepted (I'm not sure if this is a big deal or not, but it always feels good to get an "acceptance" something!) Here it is if you'd like to read it -- http://imdb.com/title/tt0387131/usercomments-78

I went to library and checked out two more of Joyce Carol Oates books, "Tatooed Girl" and "Broke Heart Blues". Both appear promising in only the way that Joyce Carol Oates can be.

I am also reading "The Creativity Book" by Eric Maisal and am finding it a great way to start my day. Actually, I am finding after I walk, eat, I come right to my office and read then write for about an hour before starting my "real" work day.

My office is more appealing to me now than ever before. I have arranged all my writing books, gardening books in one place in my office so now they are a part of my work routine as everything else. I also invested in a new white board which has some key work routines on it along with the 30 chapter outline of (dare I say this...my novel). My goal is to write each week on one chapter and then go back and start the endless rewriting and refining.

This has completely jazzed me...and I'm looking forward to a creative fall.

No comments: