Saturday, June 04, 2005

New photo album

With the idea that no one can have too many web sites, I have discovered a new way to
display and record photos...I've posted those that have been previously here at my site into one concise place. http://maurietray.phanfare.com

This blog will remain my main "brain dump" for ideas and writings, when I'm not involved with novel writing, essays. Writing is taking more and more of my time and I love it! It is becoming more a part of my life and I'm finding it both a source of pleasure and comfort.

Kathleen Brehony says that in mid-life, those artistic parts of ourselves that we may have overlooked up until now, those dormant sides of ourselves that we push down so that we can get on with the "business" of life, emerge powerfully strong. She believes from her book, "Awakening at Midlife" that it is these strong, artistic and very vital qualities that render us hopelessly lost if we fail to recognize their power.

Over the past several weeks I have been working with some ideas about my writing. It is all very new and yet very old, too. I've been writing most of my life, just never really focused my efforts much. I have had to yield over the past few months to that calling, regardless if it leads me to a book deal or just leads me to myself, more whole and more at one with myself.

No comments: