Thursday, June 30, 2005

Carbon Leaf

Discovered "Carbon Leaf" and their newest album "Indian Summer"... what a great treat to have on this, the last day of my business year.

Many goals reached, many not. Here's a phrase that speaks to me today,

"What about everything?
What about aeroplanes? And what about ships that drank the sea?
What about the moon and stars? What about soldier battle scars?
And all the anger that they eat?
What about aliens? What about you and me and...
What about gold beneath the sea?
What about when buildings fall? What about the midnight phone call...
The one that wakes you from your peace?
Well, I am not in need."

This is why I love art, music, literature. It has the ability to speak to one's soul on days when we most need nourishment and perspective.

No comments: