Saturday, April 16, 2005

On the road

I'm ducking into an office center during a busy weekend of work activities...however, have found a great hotel to stay at that has this amazing office center so I can make copies, check email, etc. FREE as part of staying at the hotel...www.hiltongarden.com...definately will be making my travel plans with them...this saves me lots of time and energy!! Even copies are included...just like the pool and the workout room...hope everybody else gets the message that this is what business travelers NEED.

I've "stumbled" upon some new ideas that have been "percolating" in my brain the last few weeks on an idea that I like to call "organic leadership", which is about partnering with those that we lead in an equitable relationship, allowing them to find their pace, provide them real equipping based upon their authentic style...I'm working on some specifics, but as I've been reformatted my own business over the last few years/months, I've started using some of the ideas that I have come up with...nothing is really "new" and most of what works is really based upon ancient principles...but these ideas are really beginning to work...and what's more it truly feels like I'm in my "niche" of leading...which is what re-discovering one's passion is all about.

I just re-read that last paragraph and it sounds really wierd...I'll try to expand on these ideas and make more sense.

Here it is in a nutshell...

Know yourself
Get to know others
Embrace diversity
Create bridges where there may be roadblocks
Focus on your strengths
Minimize others' weaknesses
Surround yourself with those in other giftedness than you
Lead from wholeness
Always be learning

I think if I ever write a book on leadership this is what I'd write about.

I leave Dallas tomorrow and return home late Sunday night...can't wait, I miss my kids, hubby and my garden!

No comments: