Thursday, April 14, 2005

Gardner's Journal: More roses

Today was exquisite. No wind, warm sun, cool air. The perfect Spring day. I chose to use my afternoon and early evening finishing up the existing beds, planting the last (really it is!) of the roses and perennials. Today I planted "nearly wild" a great shrub rose with lots of pink blooms on sturdy green leaves and more of the "blue salvia - may night" which is one of my favorite companions with roses. I like to pair this with stell d'ora's and I've probably mentioned that before.

I also did more container gardening with potato vine, begonia and "spikes". This evening as I was putting away my tools, the sun was filtering through the crepe myrtles, richocheting off the pond and embracing the yard with its warm arms. It's a great feeling to see the garden that has been "in your head" start showing up in your yard.

Tomorrow I leave for Dallas and will be there all weekend. I hope to revisit the Dallas Arboreteum while I'm there...the roses may be starting to bloom. Maybe I'll worship there Sunday morning.

No comments: