Tuesday, January 25, 2005

New comic

I discovered a new comic this weekend, Jimmy Carr...

www.jimmycarr.com

He is british with an amazing wit...he is refreshing and different...and from what I can tell, quite "clean"...I bet he'll be popping up more and more.

Some girls like rock stars, I like comics...they can make me laugh and think. One time, I entered a comedy contest in KC and won and got to spend time with some of the comics that were "on the road". A very different breed, but very interesting. One guy said, that all comics are social satirist (I'm not sure I agree) but he went on to say that the idea behind good comedy is you can shove an idea down the audience's throat while they are laughing...which is easier to do then when they are angry.

There's a lot to that...maybe more preachers ought to take notice. I'd much rather be laughed into an idea than be stonewalled into it.


No comments: