Friday, June 17, 2005

Dallas

I'm "vegging" at a great little hotel in Dallas in between gigs...I love this part of traveling..reading, writing, hitting the hot tub.

What amazes me about traveling is how small I sometimes let me world become. I can meet 50 new people in a day just by driving 5 hours south from my home. There is something reassuring about that...seeing people who inhabit lives that know nothing about you and you about them. Like the world that you inhabit is really small, after all...they don't even know you, you don't even know them...it makes all things in life seem less pressing, less of a "big deal". And indeed it is, thankfully.

I'm reading Joyce Carol Oates "Man Crazy" and listening again and again to Marc Broussard...my favorite track on his album "Save me"...great quirky beat...I can't wait to hear more from this artist.

No comments: