Friday, January 21, 2005

Home from Big D

Just returned home from Dallas....had a blast! I stayed with some friends and had lunch today at a new location in West Village...really fun and trendy place near downtown. Got quite a bit of work done...just really enjoyed my time.

On the way down, I listened to the inaugural speech from President Bush...here are some key phrases that I really liked:

"Difficulty of a task is no excuse to avoide it."
"...a cause larger than your wants, larger than yourself."
"Even the unwanted have worth."
"We cannot carry the message of liberty and bigotry at the same time"
"Divisions do not define us."

I don't know who writes his speeches, but it was wide in its scope..some will no doubt say too much so. But I enjoyed the imagery of it and the phrases that he used. I was proud of him.

No comments: